Terms and Conditions
These Terms of Conditions explain the terms under which you agree to use the website located at http://jasonholland.io/ (Site). By using the Site, you agree you have read and understand this Agreement, and you accept and agree to be bound by its terms.
THE LEGAL AGREEMENTS SET OUT BELOW GOVERN YOUR USE OF THE ROBERT JASON HOLLAND (dba “JASON HOLLAND CREATIVE STUDIO”) SERVICES (“SERVICES”). BY USING THE JASON HOLLAND CREATIVE STUDIO’S SERVICES YOU AGREE TO THESE TERMS, AS SUCH MAY BE AMENDED FROM TIME TO TIME AT JASON HOLLAND CREhttps://jasonholland.io/wp-admin/post.php?post=11203&action=edit#ATIVE STUDIO’S ABSOLUTE DISCRETION. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO THESE TERMS, YOU ARE NOT AUTHORIZED TO USE THE SERVICES.
- Accepted with respect to Delivery means, as applicable, either (i) when the Customer advises us in writing, or (ii) if it is not declined by the Customer within 72 hours after notification of the Delivery.
- Business day means a day that is not a Saturday, a Sunday, or a public holiday in United States and is 24 hours long.
- Customer means a user of the Site with rights to submit Tasks.
- Delivery means the completed design for a Task.
- Fee means the Fee applicable to the type of Task. Pricing is subject to change.
- User Content means information submitted by a Customer as part of a Task including (A) a detailed description of the Task and (B) electronic files, if any, required to complete the Task.
- Site means http://jasonholland.io.
- Task means a small design project, which can be completed by Jason Holland Creative Studio within 30 minutes (e.g., resize an image to a specified number of pixels across, while preserving its aspect ratio, or to create a new image based on a number of Customer supplied visual assets).
- You means Customers (or Clients)
1. How Our Services Work
Jason Holland Creative Studio offer monthly subscription professional website design, and digital brand strategy services, and premium WordPress website hosting and maintenance.
We are an online service where users (Customers) can A) subscribe to a monthly service for a monthly-recurring Fee, and request a set number of small graphic design tasks (Tasks) to be completed, or B) for a single Fee, request one small graphic design task (Task) to be completed.
An appropriate Task, by way of example, might be to re-size an image to a specified number of pixels across, while preserving its aspect ratio, or to create a new image based on a number of Customer supplied visual assets and text.
The Jason Holland Creative Studio services works as follows:
- Customer subscribes to the monthly fix-priced subscription service OR orders a single design task
- Customer provides Task User Content (2a), one at a time
- Jason Holland Creative Studio delivers Task
- Customer Accepts Task Delivery
- Monthly fix-priced subscription service customers may request a new Task only once step iv is complete
Jason Holland Creative Studio reserves the right to reject a Task at any time.
- Required Information. Each Task should consist of (A) a detailed description of the Task and (B) electronic files, if any, required to complete the Task (together, User Content).
- Representation Regarding Right to Submit. By submitting a Task to Jason Holland Creative Studio, a Customer represents that Customer owns the User Content or otherwise has the right to submit User Content to us, and Customer’s use of the User Content does not violate any third party intellectual property or other rights.
- Ownership of User Content. Customer maintains the ownership rights in any User Content that such Customer submits to the Site.
- Grant of Limited Rights to Jason Holland Creative Studio. By submitting a Task to Jason Holland Creative Studio, the Customer gives us the rights to User Content solely to the extent necessary to complete the Task.
- Grant of Limited Rights to Us. Each Customer authorizes us to retain archival copies of all User Content that such Customer has submitted and to use such User Content in connection with the Site and our business, including for promoting the Site in any media format and through any media channel.
Delivery to Customer; Turnaround Time. When a Task is requested, Jason Holland Creative Studio will deliver that task within the number of business day or days as specified on the Customer’s current plan. Each Revision request will operate under the same process.
Delivery to Customer; Acceptance. When a Task is complete, the Customer who submitted it will receive an email from us with the contents of the Delivery available via one or more download links. A Task is considered “accepted” by the Customer (i) when the Customer advises us in writing, or (ii) if it is not declined by the Customer within 72 hours after notification of the Delivery.
Delivery to Customer; Files. When a Task is Accepted, Jason Holland Creative Studio will deliver all requested files. Jason Holland Creative Studio is not under any obligation to provide a Customer any files that are “unlayered”, “editable” or otherwise allow the Customer to make any changes. Jason Holland Creative Studio will retain archival copies of all Delivery Files that Jason Holland Creative Studio has created and will retain the right to use such Delivery Files in connection with the Site and our business, including for promoting the Site in any media format and through any media channel.
Misstep: If a Customer is Not Satisfied with the Delivery.
If a Customer is not satisfied with the Delivery, the Customer may decline the Delivery and it will be returned to Jason Holland Creative Studio for Revision. Jason Holland Creative Studio will attempt to make modifications to make the Delivery fit Customer’s reasonable expectations. Jason Holland Creative Studio will resubmit the revised Delivery within 1 business day. A revised Delivery that is not declined by Customer within 72 hours after being resubmitted will be considered accepted by Customer.
If Jason Holland Creative Studio determines that either (1) Customer’s demands with respect to Delivery are not reasonable given the original Task specification, (2) Customer is being actively malicious, or (3) Customer has not provided enough guidance, direction, or instruction to Jason Holland Creative Studio resulting in the need for multiple edits, the Customer will be deemed to have accepted the Delivery.
4. Our Rights
- Our Intellectual Property. We retain all rights to intellectual property underlying the Site.
- User Content Review. We reserve the right to review any User Content, and to investigate any disputes related to the Site.
- Backup; No Liability. Maintaining a safe and secure Customers is a top priority for us and we intend to back up and safeguard User Content posted to our Site using reasonable commercial efforts. However, we do not guarantee that there will not be loss of any User Content, and we will not be liable in the event of such loss of User Content.
- Discretionary Right to Suspend or Terminate Account. We reserve the right to suspend or terminate the account of any Customer at any time for failure, or perceived failure, to comply with this Agreement, or for any other reason in our sole discretion.
- Right to Assume Our Defense. If you are required to indemnify us from any claim or loss, we reserve the right, at your expense, to assume the exclusive defense and control of such matter. We will use reasonable efforts to notify you of any such indemnifiable claim or loss upon becoming aware of it.
- Disclaimer. Except where prohibited by law, the Site is provided as-is and as available and we expressly disclaim any warranties and conditions of any kind, whether express or implied, including the warranties or conditions of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, title, quiet enjoyment, accuracy, or non-infringement. We make no warranty that the Site (A) will meet your requirements; (B) will be available on an uninterrupted, timely, secure, or error-free basis; or (C) will be accurate, reliable, free of viruses or other harmful code, complete, legal, or safe; (C) reserves the right to amend, suspend or discontinue the availability of the Site and/or any Service and/or remove any Content at any time at its sole discretion and without prior notice.
- Limitation of Liability. Our liability to you will be limited as set forth in Section 4(d) of this Agreement.
5. Fair Use Policy
The terms of the monthly subscription plans are subject to a Fair Use clause. The definition of Fair Use is determined by Jason Holland Creative Studio management, at its sole and exclusive discretion. Customers deemed to be abusing the Jason Holland Creative Studio service will be contacted by the Jason Holland Creative Studio management. Jason Holland Creative Studio management retains the sole and absolute discretion to suspend service to you if deemed necessary.
6. Termination & Cancellation
Cancellation can occur at anytime. You are never required to stay with Jason Holland Creative Studio – in fact, we’d prefer you have the option to leave if you are unhappy with our service and give us feedback on how we can serve you better.
Jason Holland Creative Studio may terminate or suspend any and all Services and/or your Jason Holland Creative Studio account immediately, without prior notice or liability, for any reason whatsoever, or for no reason, including without limitation if you breach the Terms.
Upon termination of your account, your right to use the Services will immediately cease. If you wish to terminate your Jason Holland Creative Studio account, you must contact us with your termination request 30 days in advance with written notice. All provisions of the Terms which by their nature should survive termination shall survive termination, including, without limitation, ownership provisions, warranty disclaimers, indemnity and limitations of liability.
You can contact Jason Holland through the contact page or email we will issue a termination request.
7. Copyright Infringement
Posting User Content that violates any copyright or other intellectual property rights is in express violation of this Agreement. If you believe your copyrighted work was submitted by a Customer to us without authorization, you may submit a DCMA takedown notice to us at [email protected] Only the copyright owner, or an agent authorized to act on the owner’s behalf, may submit such a notice.
8. Limitation of Liability
In no event will we be liable to you or any third party for any lost profit or any damages arising from or relating to this Agreement. Your use of the Site are at your own discretion and risk. Our liability to you for any damages arising from or related to this Agreement, will at all times be limited to the amounts you have paid to us in the prior 12 months (if any). The existence of more than one claim will not enlarge this limit.
This document last updated March 13, 2017.
Ready to Partner with a Pro to Grow Your Business?
A flexible and affordable partnership with an experienced pro web designer that helps grow your business and gives you the freedom to pursue all your passions. No Contracts. No Commitments. No BS.
Or, you can also schedule a consultation session with me.